The City Parks Department is responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the City’s park system. Fairbury maintains four community parks (City Park, Conrad Park, Crystal Springs Park and McNish Park) and together these parks encompass over 220 acres of parkland.
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak across the nation and state, the use of City parks are open, however, you are encouraged to continue to practice social distancing and adhere to gatherings of group sizes per the Directed Health Measure (DHM) issued by the Governor’s office.
Numerous recreational and community facilities can be found in each park, including but not limited to the City’s:
- Community building (City Park)
- Disc golf and Playground Equipment (McNish Park)
- Crystal Springs Park -
- Camping Fee is $20.00/night
- Camping sites include electric (30 & 50 amp) and water
- Bathroom facilities/Shower House are closed and water to campsites have been shut off for the season effective Friday, October 23, 2020. Bathroom facilities/shower house and water to campsites will reopen/be turned back on in Spring, 2021.
- Fishing Areas - Game & Parks stocked the center lake with approximately 900 trout on November 12, 2019.
- Picnic and camping shelters
- Our Town-Crystal Springs Video
- Crystal Springs Park Improvement Project
- Learn more about the Emerald Ash Borer
- View Map of Tree Replacement Plan
- Road Improvement
- Playground equipment
- Waterpark (City of Fairbury - see webpage on the left navigation bar)